The organization behind the biggest conference in alternative finance has acknowledged Blockchain’s significance by devoting an entire event to the emerging technology.
Today at LendIt Europe, LendIt cofounder Jason Jones introduced BlockFin Summit, which will take place Apr. 9-11, 2018 in San Francisco at the Moscone Centre. Held during LendIt USA, BlockFin Summit has six components:
- An investor one-on-one capital connection summit to match asset allocators and crypto investors with cryptofund managers and ICO issuers
- More than two days of content and 75 speakers on enterprise blockchain
- Two days and 60 speakers on cryptocurrencies, tokens and capital markets
- Blockchain-based companies exhibiting on the expo floor
- Demonstration area with more than100 blockchain product demonstrations
- On-site training programs for financial services executives
“Two years ago we covered the blockchain on a panel, last year we created a half-day track, and this year we are creating an entire event around this technology,” Mr. Jones said. “We believe that the blockchain offers new ways to align incentives that allow us to transact, communicate, identify, and secure ourselves more efficiently.”
“It is evident that the ecosystem of developers, entrepreneurs, and corporations within financial services has dedicated tremendous resources to building the Blockchain globally,” LendIt cofounder Peter Renton said.
“So we have decided to create BlockFin at LendIt USA 2018, which will be one of the world’s largest gatherings of financial services industry professionals. We expect that banks, insurance companies, investment firms, fintech companies, technology service providers, media, government, and academics will converge in San Francisco at LendIt to learn about innovation across financial services.
“This will be the perfect venue to introduce BlockFin to the world.”