Online real estate investing marketplace RealtyShares announced this week it has surpassed the $300 million mark of investments made into residential and commercial real estate projects by its network of individual and institutional investors. The achievement comes only four months after the platform broke the $200 million barrier.
RealtyShares investors can buy shares in private real estate investments at a minimum $5,000 commitment. They have also increased their network of large, multi-billion dollar institutions.
The platform’s other achievements include:
- 550 real estate deals across more than 1,000 properties in 35 states;
- More than $59.7 million in principal returned to investors;
- Almost $237 million of originations in 2016;
- More than $40 million of principal returned to investors in 2016;
- 77 per cent average deal size growth in 2016 compared to 2015.
“RealtyShares has created access to a new asset class for investors,” founder and CEO Nav Athwal said. “We’ve built a platform to open up a way to connect real estate investors and those seeking capital – maximizing unique data that has been historically difficult to gather with the ultimate vision to build the Nasdaq for real estate.”