Real estate marketplace PeerStreet has surpassed the $500 million mark in loans funded since its launch less than two years ago. Investors have seen no losses, the company said.
Monthly originations are now more than $50 million and PeerStreet has funded more than 1,200 loans.
“While we are excited about the growth, this is just the beginning of our journey to transform the industry,” co-founder and CEO Brew Johnson said.
“Our goal remains the same as when we started: to level the playing field between Wall Street and Main Street by providing access and transparency to a market that had previously thrived on opacity.”
“Along with the ongoing growth in our business, I am incredibly proud of the culture and team we have built,” co-founder and COO Brett Crosby said “We’ve found amazing talent across all divisions of the business and were recently honored to be named one of the Top 5 Startups To Work For in Los Angeles.”
PeerStreet’s 2017 honours include:
- CB Insights FinTech 250 company
- LendIt Emerging Real Estate Platform
- Fintech Breakthrough Award for the Best Overall Peer-to-Peer Lending Platform
- Finalist for The Benzinga Global FinTech Awards
Its investors include:
- Andreessen Horowitz
- Felicis Ventures
- Rembrandt Venture Partners
- Montage Ventures
- The Kaiser Family Foundation
- Colchis Capital
- Toba Capital
- Le Frak, and
- individuals including Dr. Michael Burry, Adam Nash, and Ron Suber.