Securitize, a cloud based platform enabling clients to issue security tokens, announced today that Carlos Domingo, will become its first CEO. In his new role, Mr. Domingo will promote Securitize’s security token offering (STO) capabilities so that companies, asset holders, or funds can benefit from democratized access to raising funds and capital.
“Digitized securities are a paradigm shift in economics because it impacts nearly every type of ownership – we believe it is a multi-trillion dollar market,” Mr. Domingo said. “It’s a tremendous opportunity to lead an amazing Securitize team through this fast-moving and incredibly dynamic business environment. It’s now my sole focus to ensure the Securitize team has what they need to disrupt, redefine and democratize access to capital.”
“Security tokens are rapidly transforming equity and the capital markets, because they afford the owner the most direct and liquid economic interest in a company. They also expedite the delivery of proceeds for investors,” said Jamie Finn, president of Securitize. “Securitize has taken off very quickly since we launched earlier this year. We believe that the Securitize platform has facilitated more STOs than anyone providing similar services, which necessitates dedicated leadership and Carlos’ full focus.”
In this new role, Mr. Domingo leads the company strategic vision and a fast-growing team of 20 people. He also is active in the following companies and organizations:
- Founder and managing partner of SPiCE VC, which developed Securitize and was the platform’s first customer
- Investor and board member of Albora Technologies, a start-up developing next-generation navigation technologies for autonomous vehicles, UAVs and drones
- Entrepreneur-in-residence for Techstars, a consortium of experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners
- Founding member of Dubai Angel Investors
- Founder, Sling Ventures, his personal angel-investment vehicle for startups in Spain
- Venture partner, Telegraph Hill Capital (THCAP), a VC firm backing technology entrepreneurs primarily in the U.S., Canada and Europe
A serial technology entrepreneur, Domingo has held various C-level positions at companies including du, Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), Telefonica R&D, Telefonica Digital, TokBox, Wayra, and Celartem Inc. (and its divisions Extensis and LizardTech).
Mr. Domingo holds a master’s degree in computer science from the Tokyo Institute of Technology, a bachelor’s degree and PhD in computer science from Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya in Barcelona and executive studies from Stanford University’s School of Business.