www.banklesstimes.com
HomeNewsSquid Game Cryptocurrency Surges 45,000%
Squid Game Cryptocurrency Surges 45,000%

Squid Game Cryptocurrency Surges 45,000%

The newly released Squid Game cryptocurrency has surged over 45,000% since its launch earlier this week. On Tuesday, the token was trading at around 1.2 cents and is now valued at over $4.5- a growth of over 45,000%

The token is inspired by the hit Netflix show, which followed a group of cashless Korean’s as they tried to win a deadly tournament based on kids’ games. The Squid token itself is a ‘play-to-earn’ currency.  

The Squid Game show was an instant hit around the globe, fast becoming the most-watched series of all time. 11 million people tuned into Squid Game on the 12th October. 

1
eToro
Minimum Deposit
$200
Exclusive Promotion
User Score
10
More than 3,000 assets, including currencies, stocks, cryptocurrencies, ETFs, indices and commodities
Buy crypto, or trade cryptocurrencies via CFDs
This ad promotes virtual cryptocurrency investing within the EU (by eToro Europe Ltd. and eToro UK Ltd.) & USA (by eToro USA LLC); which is highly volatile, unregulated in most EU countries, no EU protections & not supervised by the EU regulatory framework. Investments are subject to market risk, including the loss of principal.

The Squid Game project sees people buying Squid tokens to participate in online games that will mimic the famous show- without the deadly consequences. The games give investors the chance to win more tokens that can be exchanged for other cryptocurrencies or fiat money. 

According to the platform’s whitepaper, “the more people that join, the larger the reward pool will be. 10% of the entry fee will be sent to developers and the remaining 90% will be added to the reward pool for the last winner of the game.” 

The online tournament will follow the shows’ plotline with six rounds of games. The company has said that “everyone here in the crypto world can participate in the Squid Game with SQUID toke or related NFTs in our marketplace.” 

The initial round, named Red Light Green Light, will cost participants 456 Squid and the second level will cost an entry fee of 1000 units of the digital asset. 

Squid is not the first token to be created based on cultural trends. Memes around the world such as Dogecoin have proven to be successful in the world of cryptocurrency. 

Ruby Layram

Ruby Layram

Ruby is a writer for Bankless Times, covering the latest news on the cryptocurrency market and blockchain industry. Ruby has been a professional personal finance and investment writer for 2 years and is currently building her own portfolio of altcoins. She is currently studying Psychology at the University of Winchester, specialising in Statistical analysis.