Nine finalists, including four from Cincinnati, have been named in the FinTech Frontier Pitch Competition presented by Cintrifuse, Western & Southern Financial Group and Fifth Third Bancorp. More than 50 submissions were received from 15 states and seven different countries. The Pitch Contest, looking for the best and boldest ideas to create the future of fintech, ooffers $60,000 in prizes in addition to time with the founding partners of the FinTech Frontier
“We are thrilled with the diversity of submissions and breadth of innovative ideas we received,” said Pete Blackshaw, CEO of Cintrifuse, the Cincinnati start-up catalyst powering FinTech Frontier. “The Pitch Competition and FinTech Frontier are truly putting the Cincinnati region on a global map as an epicenter for innovative solutions and financial technology.”
The FinTech Frontier Pitch Contest finalists are:
1) Debtle, based in New Orleans. Debtle’s unique, cloud-based platform enables organizations and individuals to easily and efficiently negotiate, settle and collect bad debt accounts.
2) Earnestly, based in Cincinnati. The simplest way to automate the collection and reconciliation of earnest money payments, agent fees, and commission disbursements.
3) Fleri, based in Columbus. A marketplace to compare and purchase health insurance policies for loved ones back in your home country.
4) Habit Insurance, based in New York City. Habit bridges (re)insurers with last mile distribution partners who have large pre-existing communities and the right context to show information and sell insurance products.
5) Honeycomb Credit, based in Pittsburgh. Honeycomb Credit unlocks growth opportunities for small businesses to build vibrant, financially empowered communities by crowdsourcing funding.
6) InsureLife, based in Raleigh. InsureLife provides an AI-powered Network Orchestration Platform for Insurers that digitally connects their financial services products with consumers and agents so they interact anytime, growing sales in a contactless world.
7) MortgageBite, based in Cincinnati. MortgageBite allows consumers to shop anonymously for the best mortgage rates and fees in their local area through an auction style marketplace.
8) Rente, based in Cincinnati. Digital platform for landlords to more efficiently manage their properties, while simultaneously improving the renter’s experience through credit reporting.
9) WiProsper, based in Cincinnati. Improving community wealth by enabling our community to participate in and benefit from venture ownership.
A winner will be announced at the October 29 Pitch Competition (1:30 p.m. EST), which is fully virtual and open to the public. Attendees will be able to vote for their favorite pitches. Registration can be found here.
Participants in the FinTech Frontier Pitch Competition were asked to address challenges posed by FinTech Frontier founding partners, Western & Southern Financial Group and Fifth Third Bancorp. The pitch competition offered two themes:
Closing the Gap
Enabling financial security for consumers at every life stage and from every walk of life by expanding access and/or affordability of financial tools.
From the back office to the front door, fintech services that empower business and consumer experiences.
FinTech Frontier is a future-focused partnership between Cincinnati-based, industry-leading financial services corporations and fintech-focused entrepreneurs.